Animal prints and my primitive understanding of fashion

This is what a dress three size bigger looks like, maybe four...it doesn't matter, I made my point :-)
Fashion scares me quite a bit. It is one of those things I do not really understand, it terrifies me when I get to see what it has done to people on the streets, its horrible! It was easy back when I was a carefree child untouched by leopard print skirts and zebra inspired handbags and belts. I am not saying I wore this animal inspired clothing, no , on the contrary I try as much I can to understand why someone would dress up like a leopard. Well, I tried and till now, I have no idea why.

Fashion to me is about comfort, comfort and more comfort. It was fun wearing cardigan, a T-shirt with my favourite cartoon character, a maroon trouser and sneakers, that was longtime ago, back when I was eleven. Now its complicated, I am too old for that and too young to dress in a potato sack. Being reminded that life is too short for crappy clothes with the hope that I might enshroud myself in one of the many trendy clothes has never worked on me. I do not consider myself a fashion follower, the thought of it is unimaginable. On the other hand, I am quite good in picking out clothes for others to wear. I can pick out pieces that can bring the best in people while I personally prefer to wear two to three sizes bigger than me. This is only rivaled by my love for flat shoes.

If my childhood dream of stability and peace among communities residing in the Northern parts of my country and environmental protection does not come to fruit, then I guess the fashion World which I honestly do not understand and find quite complicated will prove to be easy.
As I write this, the only thing that seems plausible is peace....maybe not....it might as well be tweed jacket and polka dotted socks for all I care. Mphhhhh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

State ineffectiveness in DRC

Perspectives: Why has Africa grown slowly?

Analysis of London conference on Somalia