A little bit of nothing



“We are all crazy but our degree of craziness do vary”, a quote I heard somewhere long time ago, and the one who said I do not recall. This quote however, does explain a lot of things that tend to happen in places that are highly frequented by people. Based on my every day experience, if I were to proclaim that majority of people I encounter are a little bit light in the head, I will be doing humanity an injustice. Thus, I choose to call them, highly confident people who live in a parallel city of Nairobi.
For instance, matatus are not only a mode of transport, as I have come to learn, but a cuboid/rectangular (I am not good with shapes) structure with seats and windows that can move your tired and beaten body to your desired destination. And in this vehicles that occasionally serve as a moving club that plays ridiculous songs, there are customers; some angels and some a reincarnation of the Sith lord himself. Why would a woman built like a baby hippo squeeze herself between empty seats in the process sending a good number of us to a corner with our heads pressed up against a window so that she can get to the back seat? And God have mercy on your soul if you complain that you might have suffered head trauma in the process, there will not be “I am sorry”, but a look that will make you question sanity and everything normal.
And as much as I would like to admit that I have zero experience in the world of fashion, there are sometimes when I feel like I am beyond average in this industry based on linen, cotton, design and many other things I fail to mention here (I am really bad with this one).  Fashion is a personal choice, which reflects the environment we live in and interact in amongst others. However, there are bold people out there who can manage to leave their house in such a way that will turn heads and make their fellow citizens question themselves, a rare occurrence for Kenyans I must say. And in light of the current undressing of women in Nairobi, no man or woman has a right to assault any person in public or in private. This is not a debatable issue, period. On the absurdity of fashion though, I am indeed fascinated by the bravery or lack of taste thereof among some morning commuters to the city central. I never thought seeing a woman in tights, high heels and a shirt two size small will remind me of a slightly obese baby zebra.
And kudos to the young vibrant residents who are bringing African prints back on top! The level of hipstery is too damn high, and it’s all for good. Rocking kitenge trousers, bold print blazers, pink socks, and a Maasai print satchel, this is the new bold Kenyan guy..errr...hispter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

State ineffectiveness in DRC

Analysis of London conference on Somalia

Perspectives: Why has Africa grown slowly?